Saturday, 9 October 2010

Analysis of a double page music magazine artical

I looked at a music magazine called NME. The double page spread was about the new band, pulled apart by horses, drunken dare to get a tattoo of their record dealer face.

The title of the article was a mustard yellow which gave you the feeling of hot, burning foods. It said "TAT'S ENTERTAINMENT" this is a play on words from that's entertainment, because this article is about tattoos. This is effective as it makes your feel clever because you have worked it out so you want to read more. Saying that a dare has got "terribly out of hands" makes you interested in what is going to happen, you think its dangerous or someone has ended up in hospital so you read on.

The language of this article is informal which suits the audience reading it. Also it includes some swearing and reference to man anatomy in it. I think that the amount used and how it is used is effective and not embarrassing to read.

The first paragraph is important as if it does not interest the reader they will stop reading. This article got my attention start away by comparing the new band to really famous people such as Ozzy Osbourne. They introduce the subject about dares by talking about other famous peoples' dares, this is interesting and you want to read on to find out just how crazy this dare is.

The attitudes of this band are obvious as you read on, they don't seem to care if they get hurt, they just want to have fun. They say that the bandmates describe his attitude as "do or die". This makes me feel like I know them better and the fact they are daring makes me interested to find out more about them and what they do.

After I looked at this artical and had made my jugement on what I thought this band was like, I went onto the internet and watched one of their music videos. My opinion of this band from their artical was correct as the video was just like I had guessed it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment