Tuesday, 28 December 2010

Evaluation of my magazine

1. In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

Looking at existing music magazines such as Q, Kerrang! and NME I know what kinds of things to expect in a magazine, such as:

  • A mast head/logo:








  • A house style:





  • Images; live/posed:







  • A double page spread
  • Music related articles; interview with artist or reviews of gigs
  • Listings; gig guides
  • Contents page; showing what bands are inside
 These things are expected from a music magazine so I did not want to change much so I have included most of these in my magazine but in different ways to suit my target audience. You can see that here, where I have compared my magazine cover to Q magazine's cover:


What is the same:
  1. What is inside is along the bottom
  2. Logo/Mast head is at the top and bold
  3. Main artists name is large compared to other text
  4. House colours and fonts used
  5. One image used which takes up most of the page
  6. Used shapes to show sell lines, this look like its a sticker with the latest news, added last minute.
What is different:

To start with I have used different images to normal music magazines. On the font cover I have a posed, direct image. It is unusual as she is meant to be a famous singer and her photos are usually of her singing or her drunk, this image is to show a different side to her, which the readers will notice is different, so will be intrigued.


My double page spread is also slightly different, the target audience of my magazine said they wanted to read about background stories on the artist, therefore my double page spread is not about the music but about the artist.



No comments:

Post a Comment