The layout of my draft started off very square and neat, but I asked for feedback and was told that it should be more cluttered and the headings should be more randomly laid out. I was told the heading 'contents' looked boring so I twisted it so it looked more effective and like it had been stamped on to the page.
I divided up the page into two sections, the main feature and the other features. This is so the readers know straight away what the main feature is as it is important.
My partner and I decided on the house colours as yellow and black so I have used these colours in my contents page. I have also used the same font through out so it is consistent.
I chose not to put all of the pages in the magazine on the contents page, instead I have just picked the most important. I did not want to write much for each page as I think that if they have spent a lot of money on this magazine they are likely to read most of the pages anyway. I have used a large image for the main feature as this is the most important and needs to attract the readers attention, but I also have used three smaller pictures to show what will be inside the magazine.
I have spilt the pages up into different sections of the magazine, each section is easily found as I have put headings above each one, this is to make life easier for the reader.
I will have an image of the double page spread as well, this is to show the reader what they will find on this page. I also think it is easier to find the page if you know what it is going to look like.
At the bottom of the page, in the footer, I have included the magazine name, month and page number. All magazines have these at the bottom of the page so I have added it to mine.

No comments:
Post a Comment