Saturday, 8 January 2011

Evaluation of my magazine

5. How did you attract/address your audience?

I wanted my magazine to be aimed at 16-23 year olds of both genders. I sent out a questionnaire to a group of people who fitted this category;

Questionnaire for target audience
  
How old are you? ……..….

What is your favourite type of music? ……………

Name 3 bands/singers you like?    …………….….
                                                    ………………..
                                                    ………………..

Which are you more interested in reading about in a double page spread?
q       The music itself
q       The background and personality of the artist

On a double page spread, do your prefer?
q       Lots of text and small images
q       Big images and very little text
q       An even amount of images and text


From analysing the results I found out what kind of music I should focus on and how to write inside it.
  • Aimed at RnB and Hiphop music
  • I used informal language
  • An even amount of images and text
  • A house style which would attract them
  • Artists that are popular
  • A double page spread on the background life more than the music

No comments:

Post a Comment